Looking for an easy to dessert recipe for your play date or to quench your craving? We’ve got you.
Most people today have made baked eateries a crucial component for their merry making. Unfortunately, baking a delicious cookie isn’t a walk in the park. It’s a nightmare that not everyone wants to get involved,
Thankfully, there are a number of easy DIY recipes that you can prepare and keep your party lit. Whether a novice or an expert, our recipes need no kitchen magicians. They are easy and straightforward. Most importantly they won’t take a whole day to prepare.
5 Best DIY baking recipes
1. Dark Chocolate Billionaires
Want to prepare a Christmas candy for your family or friends? This confection is a good choice. It requires just a handful of ingredients and takes minutes to prepare. Actually, it’s so easy that even your children can bake them.
Though old fashioned, the Dark Chocolate billionaires is a delicious, chewy and crunchy with a caramel interior. It’ll definitely leave your guests with an excitement expected in Christmas parties. So, what do you need to bake this exquisite delicacy?
- 14 OZ caramels
- 1.5 roasted pecans
- 3 cups of dark chocolate melting wafers/ghiradelli
- 1 cup of Rice Krispies
- Put the caramels in a large saucepan and mix them with 1 tablespoonful of water and introduce a low heat source.
- Stir the mixture for about 4-5 minutes until all the caramels melt and smoothen.
- Remove the mixture from the heat
- Add pecans and rice Krispies then stir until till they mix smoothly
- Defrost the melting wafers at 30 seconds intervals. Stirring in the midst. Repeat this process until the mixture smoothens.
- Coat all your candy pieces with the melted chocolate. You can use pieces of toothpicks or wooden skewers.
- Place the coated candies on a wax or parchment paper and allow it to cool and harden. Once they’ve fully hardened, pack them in an airtight container ready for serving.
2. Vegan chocolate cake
Vegan or nonvegan, you will love this dessert. It’s suitable for any celebration. By looking at it from outside, you can’t guess the presence of a veggie. A baked sweet potato is used as the major ingredient in the cake. Then frosting makes it super soft.
So, why go for a mix cake when you can prepare a moist and delicious one at home? Check out this dark chocolate flavored vegan cake and you’ll like it. Just like its predecessor, it doesn’t take long.
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoonful bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 spoonful of apple cider vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoonful of sea salt
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon extract
Heat the oven up to approximately 1900C/1700C fan and the gas mark 5.
- Slightly grease the base and the 2 X 20cm sandwich tins using a dairy free spread. You can also line the baking pans with parchment.
- Mix vinegar and milk then stir the mixture. It may split but that shouldn’t worry you. After some time, allow the mixture to settle and curdle slightly to get buttermilk.
- Place the butter in a pot and heat it to melt. Once it has all melted, set it aside to cool.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl with cocoa, sugar and baking powder. Finally whisk them together.
- Add milk and melted margarine into the flour mixture. Stir the mixture until you achieve uniformity.
- Divide the mixture into two portions in the pans.
- Bake for approximately between30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the tins for about 5 minutes without disturbance. Then place them in a cooling rack.
- Once the cakes are cold, sandwich with half the icing and spread the rest on top of the cake.
Want a treat after a hectic week without breaking bank? This monster cookie is the real deal. You can prepare it in your kitchen and be ready within 20 minutes. You have freedom to mold your cookie to your desired shape.
To top it up, you spread a marshmallow or chocolate cream on top. To make sandwiches, just press the disks together.
- 2 teaspoonful of marshmallow cream
- ¼ cup mini chocolate
- ½ tube chocolate cookie dough
- 2 spoonful of caramel sauce
- Extra caramel sauce for drizzling
Heat the oven up to 3500F
- Prepare a baking sheet including a parchment paper
- Put your dough into 2 portions. Then place them on separate sections of the baking sheet.
- Spread the dough to form huge disks
- Allow it to bake for at least 15-20minutes.
- With the oven still on, allow the cakes to cool for approximately 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Spread marshmallow and chocolate creams on different sides of the cookies then merge the two sides. Pour the caramel on top.
- Put back the cookies and warm them for about 4 minutes.
- Your cookies are ready to serve.
4. Peanut butter cookies
These gluten-free cookies can stay in your freezer for more than 3 months. Not only that, it’s a great way to keep your body healthy. Instead of peanut, you can use any nut you want. You can blend them to your desired taste and composition.
Good news is that you need only 3 ingredients. 20 minutes are enough to have your cookies ready for consumption.
- I cup of peanut butter
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
Heat the oven up to 3500F.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets and parchment paper
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar and egg in one bowl. Stir the mixture until completely smooth and creamy. You can use an electric mixer if need be.
- Prepare several small rolled balls out of the dough then placing them in the baking sheet.
- Flatten them with a spoon to increase their size.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes. You should see a golden brown on the cookie edges.
- Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. And from here they are ready to serve.
5. Blueberry scones
This list will be incomplete without Blueberry scones. You know how special scones are? They aren’t your regular kind of cookies. They give you that special feeling of greatness. Surprising your guests with some pour over coffee accompanied with fresh blueberry scones.
The sugar layer makes the scones crunchy with a crumbling texture. You wouldn’t want to miss this.
- 6 spoonful of sugar
- ½ spoonful of salt
- 4 cups of all-purpose wheat flour
- 4.5 spoonful of baking soda
- ½ cup and 2 spoonful of cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 2.75 spoonful of whole milk
- 1.5 cups Frozen blueberries
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter to achieve a coarse crumbs resembling mixture.
- Whisk 2 eggs and ¾ cup of milk to moisten the mixture.
- Move to a hard surface and gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough into two portions. Place each into an 8-inch circle.
- Split each circle into 8 wedges, and then place them on baking sheet.
- Use the remaining milk to brush the top
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once you see golden surface, it’s ready. You should serve warm.
Without breaking your bank, you can enjoy a customized cookie at home. The above 5 are the best in a large pool of simple DIY recipes. Feel free to choose any of them. Enjoy. 😉