Summer’s over, but there’s once saving grace: it’s finally appropriate to use pumpkin spice to absolute excess !! Yes it’s basic, and we love it. But Pumpkin Spice Lattes are just the beginning – check out our 5 favorite ways to (pumpkin) spice up your life.
1. BREAKFAST! Cereal, oatmeal, overnight oats, breakfast quinoa .. there’s basically no grain based breakfast that doesn’t benefit from a giant shake of pumpkin spice.
2. COCKTAILS. Pumpkin spice goes swimmingly with rum– keep it simple by adding it to spiked hot cocoa or a hot toddy– or get fancy and make your own pumpkin spice punch!
3. SNACKS. We are obsessed with pumpkin spice mixed nuts! Just dissolve some sugar & spice in water, toss your favorite mixed nuts,
and bake or sautee them for a protein packed snack that’s east to eat anywhere. We love this recipe.
4. TACOS (wait, huh?) Just trust us. Some habanero, lime, and pumpkin-spice tastes Ah-MAY-zing in this pumpkin spice pork tacos recipe — just trust us on this one.
5. YOUR LATTE, DUH! Do not resist. Just give in. Doesn’t that feel better?